What are varicose veins? Symptoms, treatment and prevention.
- Varicose veins in the legs In addition to beauty It also results in pain and discomfort. This can sometimes lead to serious, life-threatening problems.
- If in the legs interfere with daily life There is pain and swelling. Tenderness or skin starting to thicken turn dark You should see a doctor immediately for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- You can prevent the occurrence of yourself by exercising regularly. Wear support stockings Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time. Reduce eating salty foods. Increase your intake of foods high in potassium and flavonoids. Report from ยูฟ่าเบท https://ufabet999.com
What is varicose veins?
Dr. Anita Nittiranon A doctor specializing in skin and laser treatment at Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital stated that is a condition where the veins near the skin layer expand abnormally. until visible as a line resembling a spider’s web or seen as bulging blood vessels Varicose veins can occur in many organs of the body, with in the legs. It is the most common condition of varicose veins. Approximately 1 in 4 adults in the United States have varicose veins, and more than 23% are affected by varicose veins.
In addition to beauty problems in the legs can also cause aches and pains and discomfort. Sometimes varicose veins can lead to serious problems. If in the legs interfere with daily life Found pain and swelling. Tenderness or skin starting to thicken turn dark You should see a doctor immediately for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Varicose veins in the legs What are the symptoms?
Symptoms in the legs manifest in a variety of ways. Even though the bulging blood vessels can be seen until having chronic varicose ulcers This is a severe varicose vein condition that is difficult to cure. Varicose veins in the legs are most commonly found in the calves and are divided into 2 types:
- Coiled capillaries resembling spider webs on the legs in the early stages. Caused by coiled capillaries that look like purple or red spider webs. It can also be found on the face. and have different sizes
- Varicose veins look like bulging because the vein walls lose their elasticity. As a result, the blood vessels bulge and curl into jagged edges. Seen as green or green mixed with purple, approximately 1-3 millimeters in size.
Warning signs of varicose veins include:
- Veins that are dark purple or blue
- Blood vessels that appear twisted and bulging They often appear as lines around the calves.
- Feeling of pain in the legs and calves.
- Feeling that your legs are heavy or uncomfortable
- Burning pain, muscle and joint pain, swollen feet
- The pain is worse after sitting or standing for a long time.
- Dry, itchy skin around blood vessels
- Changes in skin color around
- Leg cramps, especially at night
- The above symptoms are often worse in warm weather.
Causes of varicose veins in the legs
Arteries carry blood from the heart to the rest of the body, while veins carry blood from other parts of the body. of the body back to the heart
The contraction of the muscles in the lower leg acts as a pump. And the flexible walls of the arteries allow blood to flow back to the heart. Tiny valves in the arteries open as blood flows back to the heart. It is then closed to stop blood from flowing back. If the valve that blocks blood from flowing back is weak or damaged, Blood may flow back and collect in the blood vessels. This causes blood vessels to stretch or twist.
The blood vessels furthest from the heart are those in the legs. often affected This is because gravity makes it more difficult for blood to flow back to the heart. Additionally, sitting or standing for long periods of time It may cause blood to accumulate in the blood vessels in the legs. Increases the pressure within the blood vessels. As a result, the venous walls in the legs become weak and damaged. It is the source of varicose veins in the legs.