A Gene Therapy or heredity is a wonderful and mysterious thing that is ingrained within the human body. It is part of the factor that determines human identity. Making each person have a different appearance. In addition to the appearance. Genetics also affect systems within the body. Each person has a different risk of health problems.
In this world, there are many diseases and illnesses caused by genetic abnormalities. Both received from birth and received later. Which are all caused by genetic abnormalities in one way or another.
Gene Therapy is a treatment that involves modifying and modifying certain genetics in the body to alleviate, cure or prevent diseases related to genetic disorders. The principles of Gene Therapy may look like this:UFABET
- Modify or inactivate genetic mutations that lead to disease to return to normal.
- Complete the missing genes to fix them. certain genetic diseases
- Add healthy genetics to the body to cope with disease and abnormalities.
If Gene Therapy is tested and implemented May be beneficial to patients with many diseases such as
- Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease (SCID) that infects the body rapidly and severely
- HIV infection AIDS
- congenital genetic disease such as blood flowing disease that does not stop (Hemophilia), anemia, Thalassemia and retinitis pigmentosa (RP) that results in blindness.